[Jacob-list] Help the tag has ripped her ear

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Jun 19 19:12:49 EDT 2005

Iodine is what I'd use.

I've got some old ewes that look like they have two ears on one side because of the split where they pulled out an ear tag.  And one dainty little ewe lamb that needed to be eartagged for her health certificate.  She managed to pull the first tag halfway through her ear before the vet came.  I retagged her and the vet came.  The new tag is now halfway through the enlarged hole.  Hopefully, she can keep it semi attached until the buyers get her home to Florida.  I am not at all fond of eartags, but with all the regulations about transporting sheep, I guess it's something we can't avoid.

Linda
What's New at Patchwork Farm?