[Jacob-list] Help the tag has ripped her ear

Katrina & Dave davekat at copper.net
Sun Jun 19 19:02:24 EDT 2005

Ripped ears is what I hate about ear tags!  It happens way too often.
Unfortunately, sort of stitching it up ....which could be very
complicated....  there is not much you can do. Just make sure the ear heals
ok and no infection sets in.  I would spray it with blue coat or use diluted
iodine...although be careful not to get iodine in her eyes.

I have had this happen to several of our ewes and they healed up nicely with
a nicely split ear to show for it!
Of course you can always replace the ear tag on the other side if you want.
Hope this helps....best of luck!
- Katrina Lefever

Katrina, Dave, and Eli Oberholtzer Lefever
Pigeon Hills Place
7890 Gnatstown Rd
Hanover, PA 17331
(717) 637-6670