[Jacob-list] Re: Pigs and sheep

Christopher Brantley labradorridgejacobs at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 17:11:13 EDT 2005

For more information from the USDA on pseudorabies check out the following link:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/nahps/pseudorabies/

We had a lot of swine growing up, they like goats need a bit of copper in their diet and metabolize it well... if you are in an area rich in copper, use salts with copper, or have copper addatives in the feed, yes there will be elevated copper in the manure. If there is minimal to no copper in the diet there should be minimal amounts in the fecal material. Output typically is determined by input.

-C