[Jacob-list] Lamb critique request

Jill Bowis farm at kintaline.plus.com
Wed Jul 20 06:53:05 EDT 2005

Hi all
I have been lurking here for months now and wondered if anyone might think the following idea is of interest
I have put together some pictures of our Jacob lambs this year online and would love it if folks here could cast their eye over them and give us some honest opinions.
There have been lots of interesting comments on the list and on other members sites about the different features of Jacobs - sizes, traits, fleeces, colours, , . It would be really interesting I think to use a set of pictures to illustrate [or not] the differences folks are talking about.

http://www.kintaline.co.uk/Sheep2005/lambscritique2005

We have had the flock for a number of years but our breeding has been haphazard - unregistered 2 horned tups and the offspring going into the freezer or replacements. We would like to improve and would love some help to know what we have and ideas as to what to look for to improve out stocks.
I realise there will be different opinions from around the world and the meat/fleece enthusiasts but would love to hear from all.
We cannot be offended by your honesty :~) - we love our girls but are well aware they are no champions !!!

I hope this is not out of order and that others find it interesting

regards
Jill Bowis  [Oban Argyll Scotland ]

Pure bred utility chickens and ducks
Housing; Equipment,  Books, Videos, Gifts
Herbaceous; Herb and Alpine nursery
Working Holidays in Scotland
http://www.kintaline.co.uk