[Jacob-list] Ivermectin dewormer

Susan Nielsen snielsen at orednet.org
Tue Jul 19 12:26:59 EDT 2005

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Cathy Partridge wrote:

> Ivermectin is needed in the gut to insure a
> proper
> dose to the worms so giving it orally is better than injecting it.
> Finally, Valbazen drench is half the cost of Ivermectrin drench,
> but not to
> be used during pregnancy.
> It is best to discuss all this with your vet.

Also, know that not every wormer is specific for all problems. This
spring we had an unusual outbreak of lungworm. The vet noted that
Ivermectin will not treat lungworm, and recommended the Valbazen
drench for it. A fecal assay can save you money and heartbreak:
know what you are treating and you'll stand a better chance of success.

Susan
--
Susan Layne Nielsen, Shambles Workshops      	|"...Gently down the
Beavercreek, OR, USA -- snielsen at orednet.org  	|stream..." -- Anon.