[Jacob-list] Graying Factor in Lilac Carriers

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sat Jul 16 14:07:20 EDT 2005

There is no brief explanation of lilac. Lilac is a blanket term for those Jacobs who are something other than black and white. The graying factor is separate from the lilac gene, we have lilacs that are rather old and are retaining color as well as the blacks. A black/lilac heterozygote should not be at increased risk of premature graying.

The graying animals we have seen have increasing numbers of grey fibers in the black marked areas, and the skin from these areas often stays black.

Neal Grose