[Jacob-list] Bloody nose

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 16 13:53:30 EDT 2005

>I've been on the list awhile now but have never posted. I have a lamb who
has gotten a bloody nose twice now. At least I think that's what >it is,
it's coming from there. No obvious trauma and she doesn't seem too bothered
by it. She still grazes and plays. Any ideas as to why >she might be
getting these?
>Thanks for your help.
>Sheri Kimbro
>Shingle Springs, CA
---------
If getting punched in the nose twice is ruled out, it might be nose bots.
These are flies that lay eggs and the larvae feed in the nasal passages and
sinuses.  I will check on sheep-l for you, lots of nose bot cases there.
The cure is a dose of Ivermectin dewormer and boticide.  Like Arnold says:
"I'll be back" (with more info).
Cathy Partridge
Moscow. Idaho