[Jacob-list] Selective breeding

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 19:01:10 EDT 2005

We have just recently returned from a trip where, we were able to see some of
the sheep from the foundation flocks. It's truly been an eye opener to me as
they are not at all as refined in some areas and definitely stronger in
others. It has made me question my selective breeding patterns. I think,I have even
fallen into the cookie cutter mold that we have created in our breed standard.
Not to say that it is all bad, but it has given me a different perspective.
Just my thoughts,
Cheryl
Rise "N" Shine