[Jacob-list] No Eye Patch

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Jul 9 08:49:26 EDT 2005

Didn't mean to imply that I'd want to perpetuate a flock look of missing eye patches.   Only that a diverse flock could include sheep with markings from one extreme to the other.  I just haven't seen that one or two animals in the flock with missing patches (rams or ewes) drastically affects the overall look of the flock iand the descendents.  I assume the trait could be set if I tried - take a look at the muzzle and leg markings (or lack of) in the Maine flock.

Just meant that as long as a flock is managed with diversity in mind - both genetic and visual - the chances of one trait taking over is small.

Linda
What's New at Patchwork Farm?