[Jacob-list] Docking older sheeps tails

RnS1260 at aol.com RnS1260 at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 14:27:52 EST 2005

Thank you all for your suggestions on my wet tailed ewe. As far as my eyes
can see, she is positively a ewe. I see no other openings, and nothing in the
interior of her vagina. She may have some sort of malformation that is not
visible to the eye. The shearer was here on Saturday and suggested to band her
tail. One shepherd suggested that she may not be able to pick her tail up, like
most Jacob's. If this is the case, can older Jacob sheep have their tails
banded. Are there risks? They have had their CD&T vaccinations and I would give them
a dose of Penicillin at the time. Responses are most appreciated.
Cheryl
Rise "N" Shine Farm