[Jacob-list] De-horning facts

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Fri Feb 25 18:37:54 EST 2005

Would Jacobs (and other horned breeds) then be more heat tolerant than polled breeds?  I am frequently asked how Jacobs do in hot, humid areas like southern Georgia or Florida. Our part of Georgia seldom reaches 90 (close to it, though).  I usually mention your flock near Dallas.  Never been to Dallas, but from the weather reports, sounds like you get sweltering heat, drought, hurricanes, tornados, and ice storms!

Linda
www.patchworkfibers.com