[Jacob-list] De-horning facts

Susan Nielsen snielsen at orednet.org
Fri Feb 25 12:21:15 EST 2005

Hi, all --

Please don't anybody  misunderstand me: I am opposed to the project
I'm asking about here, but I'd like to cull some facts from the
crew. Betty B. mentioned to me there was a discussion of debudding
Jacob lambs a while ago, but I've wearied of trying to find it in the
archives.

I have a request for a couple of ewe weanlings when they come
available, and the buyer wants them dehorned. I won't go into
all the reasons I am instinctively against this, but I'd like
to be able to give her some real information on why this is a
bad idea. Apaprently her notion is to cross them with Jacobs,
and I am really not sure what all the thinking is behind the matter,
but she seems to be afraid of the horns. Betty has been articulate
in an off-list note for me. But if anyone can come up with a
pointer to the earlier material in the archives (approx. date?)
I'd be pleased to try again to find it.

Otherwise... I'd bet Fred could clear the waters with a few
pithy paragraphs on this...

Susan
--
Susan Layne Nielsen, Shambles Workshops      	|"...Gently down the
Beavercreek, OR, USA -- snielsen at orednet.org  	|stream..." -- Anon.