[Jacob-list] It is that time of Year!!!!!

Robert May newjerseyjacobs at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 17:57:59 EST 2005

HELLO PEG, ET ALS...
I KNOW THAT A LOT OF INDIVIDUAL JACOB BREEDERS DON'T
PARTICULARLY CARE ABOUT "SHOWING" THEIR JACOBS...IT'S
A PERSONAL PREFERENCE AND ONE THAT I CAN RESPECT.  AT
THE SAME TIME, I CAN TELL YOU THAT THE MARYLAND SHEEP
& WOOL FESTIVAL IS AN INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITY TO
SHOWCASE OUR WONDERFUL JACOBS.

IT'S ESTIMATED THAT 15,000 - 20,000 PEOPLE (DEPENDING
ON WEATHER) ATTEND THIS EVENT OVER THE COURSE OF THE
TWO DAYS AND THEY CERTAINLY TAKE NOTICE OF THE
"SPOTTED SHEEP (SOME THINK GOATS) WITH THE WEIRD
HORNS".

LAST YEAR WAS THE FIRST YEAR THAT THE JACOB SHOW
WASN'T ON "PROBATION".  AS I RECALL THERE WERE SOME
50+JACOBS THAT WENT INTO THE SHOW RING.

FOR ME, IT'S NOT ABOUT WINNING A BLUE RIBBON...IT'S
ABOUT EXPOSING THIS WONDERFUL BREED TO AS MANY PEOPLE
AS WE CAN.  ULTIMATELY, PRESERVATION OF THE JACOB WILL
DEPEND ON OUR ABILITY TO CONVINCE "NEW SHEPHERDS" THAT
THEY SHOULD BECOME THE NEXT GENERATION OF "STEWARDS".

I HOPE THAT MANY OF YOU WILL CONSIDER "SHOWING" IN
MARYLAND AND ENJOYING THE MANY BENEFITS THIS SPECIAL
VENUE HAS TO OFFER.

REGARDS,
BOB MAY
SWAYZE INN FARM