[Jacob-list] "Bummer" lamb

Victor Zdeb zdeb at eoni.com
Sun Feb 13 03:26:19 EST 2005

Hello,
One of my ewes had a ram lamb and did not "claim" it, so we are feeding it
by hand.  We have eight ewes, three have lambed and the other five are on
their way, two are taking care of their little ones and a "new" (first
time) ewe walked away from her lamb and will not accept him.  So far things
seem OK but I remember an email post dealing with the healthy progression
of hand fed lamb droppings but neglected to save it.  He is two days old
now and has runny light brown stool. Is this normal or am I running into
trouble and do not know it.  Any and all advice would be appreciated.

Victor Zdeb
zdeb at eoni.com