[Jacob-list] Lambing question

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 17:18:43 EST 2005

Joy and all,

I was around for the first several years of lambs born
at my place.  Fed am and had lambs evenly distributed
over every hour of the day without a significantly
increased hour.  There are some who say that ewes fed
in the am will lamb in the pm.....while ewes fed in
the pm will lamb in the am.  Ewes seem to be like
people----have the kids when they get good and ready
to come.

Another old wives tale.....lambs will be born in the
storm or in a low.  RARELY have lambs been born here
at the place during an approaching or occurring storm.
 In fact, I can only recall being out in the barn
during ONE snow/thunder event in 10 years of lambs.
My ewes may just be gracious, but I doubt it.

Mary Ellen
--- "Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm"