[Jacob-list] eye problem

Kristin Filseth kfilseth at rockbridge.net
Mon Feb 7 21:55:36 EST 2005

One of my orphan jacob lambs I am raising appears to have that Jacob upper eyelid defect on one eye, where the lid has a nick out of it in the middle and a tuft of eyelashes that probably should not be there. (I will make him a wether.) My ram and ewe don't appear to have it.

I think the eyelid looks like it could be repaired surgically, two sides of the cleft drawn together. Has anyone had this surgery done to one of their sheep and how did it turn out?

Kristin