[Jacob-list] What shots and/or other treatments for lambs?

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Feb 7 13:45:34 EST 2005

I believe that you should never try milking a ewe prior to lambing - even just a little bit.  You can dislodge the
"plug" and allow bacteria into the teat.

Around here, we vaccinate the ewes with CDT within two months prior to lambing and then vaccinate the lambs at 60 days.
 Selenium is not a problem in our area, so we don't use the selenium shots.  That's going to vary from farm to farm
across the country.

Linda
in Georgia