[Jacob-list] What shots and/or other treatments for lambs?

spotted_sheep at bluefrog.com spotted_sheep at bluefrog.com
Mon Feb 7 10:00:40 EST 2005

Hi, we are new to lambing and wondered what you all give your new born
lambs, or older as far as shots and/or other treatments.  We have a friend
(gentlewoman farmer my mom calls her) who swears by giving her lambs BoSe,
and that's it.  We tried to get that, but we need a presription here in
NY, apparently.  We did get some, enough for the first couple lambs, but
wondered what other people used.  We also bought some Bar Vac C/D Tetnus.
When do people usually give that to their lambs, if they do?
    I(an almost 13 yo) am pretty sure one of my sheep is going to lamb any
day, as her udder is very full and the other day I was able to
actually get a little colustrum out.  Are there other signs of
lambing?  The rams were also chasing them, till we took them out of
the lean-to and put them in the barn.
Thanks for any information!
Marie (and her mom, Sue)