No subject

Wed Feb 2 07:52:04 EST 2005

-------------------------------1105286537

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>Hi All,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I was reading all your stories about guard donkeys. We are raising mini=
=20
donkeys and Jacobs, as well as pigmy goats, but keep the jack separate. Our=20
Jacobs and mini girls share pasture in the summer ( also&nbsp;have 2 llamas=20=
in=20
the group)and so far everyone gets along well. Jacks can't be trusted in wit=
h=20
sheep or goats, at any time, without being gelded. But not every gelded jack=
=20
will make a good guard animal. I think it is best if they are started out=20
together as babies and even then you need to keep an eye on them. Our jack w=
as=20
raised with goats, but can't be trusted now that he is of breeding age. We e=
ven=20
watch our jenny's, as they sometimes get too rough when playing. It's just a=
=20
matter of common sense.Some even get attached and visit over the fence, when=
=20
separated for the winter.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>On another note--- We have had two lambs and one pigmy goat born in the=
=20
past month &amp; a half. &nbsp;We weren't expecting them for another month!=20=
Here=20
in Kansas we had an unusually cool summer. Which must have put the boys in t=
he=20
mood for "Love" a little early! So far everyone is doing well. And we have b=
uilt=20
new pens to house the amorous fella's, so we can predict birthing time.</DIV=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Always something new to learn!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Happy Lambing,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Gail</DIV>
<DIV>From Kansas</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>