No subject

Wed Feb 2 07:52:04 EST 2005

sheep, it would appear that single lambs should be regarded as the =
"primitive type". Single births, resistance to parasitosis, and shedding =
fleeces are the most dramatic reversions to type in these populations. =
This is to be expected. These areas are much less capable of supporting =
grazing animals than we might expect. Ewes that produce twins under =
these conditions are more likely to twin only on alternate years and are =
therefore more likely to miss a chance of hitting a good year. This may =
have little to do with Jacobs. It's just another point to take under =
consideration that we want primitive but not to primitive. I don't want =
to give up twinning, neither do I really want triplets, they can leave =
that to the pros like my Finns.  Neal Grose

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C109F9.64E63640

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>From the work done around here on Gulf =
Coast Native=20
and NC swamp feral sheep, it would appear that single lambs should be =
regarded=20
as the "primitive type". Single births, resistance to parasitosis, and =
shedding=20
fleeces are the most dramatic reversions to type in these =
populations.&nbsp;This=20
is to be expected. These areas are much less capable of supporting =
grazing=20
animals than we might expect. Ewes that produce twins under these =
conditions are=20
more likely to twin only on alternate years and are therefore more =
likely to=20
miss a chance of hitting a good year. This may have little to do with =
Jacobs.=20
It's just another point to take under consideration that we want =
primitive but=20
not to primitive. I don't want to give up twinning, neither do I really =
want=20
triplets, they can leave that to the pros like my Finns.&nbsp; Neal=20
Grose</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C109F9.64E63640--