[Jacob-list] JSBA Fiber Research Project

rlynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Fri Dec 30 16:40:06 EST 2005

This notice is specifically for JSBA members and other who may have JSBA registered rams:

JSBA, with the help of member, Gary Anderson, and research staff at the University of California, Davis, is entering into a research project to investigate what changes, if any, we can see in fiber characteristics from the time JSBA began registering sheep to the present.

Gary has written the proposal that explains the project and I have written a letter and form to use for fiber samples we are requesting. I will be glad to send these as an attachment to any of you on request. The info is also on my webpage. The exact link is:  http://www.meridianjacobs.com/jsba%20fiber%20research%20project.htm, but if that doesn't work go to www.meridianjacobs.com/sheep. Then click on the link to the fiber project.

We need help from JSBA members or owners of JSBA rams to collect wool samples from mature rams who were registered when they were less than one year old. I won't repeat the details here since that info is in the letter and on the webpage. I forgot to put a time frame in the letter, but we need these in the next couple of months. We don't want this project to drag on forever.

Please let me know if you'd like me to send the info either in the mail or as an e-mail attachment.

Robin Lynde
Meridian Jacobs
Vacaville, CA
www.meridianjacobs.com