[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stcroft at ptd.net
Wed Dec 28 16:44:22 EST 2005

Hockey leg shields!!  What a novel idea!  I was rammed only once by a ram (it was totally my fault, not his) and he hit me hard in the upper leg area - don't know if hockey leg shields would have helped.

It's interesting to know the various things we do to maintain safety with our sheep.  I had a ram at one time who was pretty feisty (got rid of him for that reason) and I always went in with him with a super soaker water pistol (fluorescent green and orange) and it worked great.  He hated water in his face!!  In fact, if he saw I had the super soaker, he headed for the other end of the meadow - which suited me just fine!

Sue Martin

Stonecroft Manor
"The meadows are clothed with flocks of sheep...They all shout and sing for joy!"
Psa. 65:13