[Jacob-list] Ram shields

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 27 20:42:35 EST 2005

Does anyone have experience with shields for rams so that they don't ram.
We are planning on getting guard llamas next month and were wondering about
using those shields to prevent the rams from ramming into the
llamas.\Cynthia
=======
You mean like a shield of armor the horses wore in 15th Century England?
It might work.  Be very careful putting the ram and llamas together.  My
ram used to chase the llama and the llama would go sailing over the fence
to get away from him.  Now the llama just spits in his face and the two get
along together.  I also heard about a couple who bought a 4-horned ram from
some folks here in town.  The ram was being sold because it was aggressive.
The ram ended up killing the new owner's guard llama.  I have my llama in a
run that goes around part of the sheep pen, so he can still guard but be
separate from the sheep.  I just don't trust my ram.
Good Luck,
Cathy
Moscow, Idaho