[Jacob-list] A novel set in iceland

david mardiste d_mardiste at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 8 10:18:35 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I know you are Jacob folk, but i thought some of you might appreciate a
reading suggestion.

I have just finished reading "Independent People" by Halldor Laxness. It is
set in Iceland with Icelandic sheep, but you can tell that the writer has
spent a lot of time with sheep and some of his chapters hit that feeling we
shepards can only really have for the sheep under our care.

all the best,

David Mardiste
Koidu sheep farm
Vandra, Parnumaa
Estonia, Europe

PS
I would welcome any other sheep related novels as reading suggestions.
d.