[Jacob-list] personality

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Aug 7 19:53:17 EDT 2005

Yes! These sheep are fun and I find their personalities to be a big part of that enjoyment.  Just because I'm also interested in the standards and certain qualities doesn't mean that I don't enjoy each sheep as an individual.  They are quite opinionated individuals, with distinct personalities and voices.  It's funny how you get to recognize sheep "speech".  I always could recognize RubyBelle's voice - until I bought her 1/2 sister, Praline, who has an identical voice.  Maybe an Iowan accent?  I can always hear when a sheep is stuck in the fence - it's a different call.

Does anyone still have the Anita Evangilista (sp?) article on why I have Jacobs?  I lost my copy in a computer crash a few months ago.  It should be in the archives somewhere.  It's something to read every so often.

On the topic of personality.  I have often seen a lamb from a very friendly ewe to be very skittish while the twin was very friendly.  For example, I have a ewe, Sissy, who's dam, Sophia,  was a serious in your face girl.  Her twins, Roxanne and Sissy, were as different as night and day re: personality.  Roxanne was born wanting to be petted.  Sissy was a spooky girl and still is.  Sissy's first lamb, Nina, born this year, is the friendliest lamb I have - and that includes the bottle baby.  Shamrock was a bottle baby quadruplet - she's friendly to the point of being pushy.  Her lamb wants nothing to do with people.

Linda

Getting ready for 2006 lambs!
www.patchworkfibers.com