[Jacob-list] another opinion

gordon johnston gordon at westergladstone.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Aug 2 05:08:23 EDT 2005

Hi Betty

That's right - it was you who asked about coyotes (I've been keeping my
inbox well deleted so your original message was gone).

I think your experiences show that different things suit different
situations.  You have more determined predators than we do so the electric
netting is ideal.

As long as everyone who uses it is aware that there could be problems, then
those problems will be avoided.  The discussion began with talk of a single
strand of electrified wire in front of a normal tensioned wire mesh fence
which again can work fine if you carry out visual checks frequently.

I forgot to mention the other predator we have here - humans, but they tend
to be trying to steal the fence itself !!

Juliet in Scotland