[Jacob-list] Just when I thought PETA was bad...

Christopher Brantley labradorridgejacobs at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 19:46:18 EDT 2005

Greetings,

Thought I would share an event that happened this week.I had a call from animal control... one of the deputy's from the sheriff's office called them to report my Jacobs were being neglected.

Now, my animals have green pasture, running water, hay, salt, shelter, fencing, are fed daily with a grain/se suppliment. They jump in a dancing fashion when I come up with the feed buckets and act more like pet dogs than sheep.

I invited the animal control folks up to the farm, they took photos of the animals. I demonstrated thier health through physical exams and had a chance to explain the differences between commercial breeds and the Jacobs.

Needless to say after we were done with their visit, I had a call from the sheriff himself apologizing for his deputy's ignorance and his not contacting me directly first with his concerns.

Not sure what to make of these people sometimes.

-Chris