[Jacob-list] Lamb count/lambing hour

Melody critterland at bendcable.com
Mon Apr 11 10:27:21 EDT 2005

It's definitely a year for ewes!  The 10th of 11 ewes lambed this morning bringing the total to 15 lambs, of which only 3 are rams.   I've also started calling the hour between 5 and 6 AM the lambing hour--with only two exceptions, every one of them lambed during that hour, and one of the two exceptions was one with a very large lamb that had to be assisted, and she actually started labor about 5:30.  I noticed the same trend last year, with 7 (I think) lambing right at chore time.
It's convenient, although odd.
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR