[Jacob-list] Diversifying the farm

Kelly Przylepa and Rich Moore kellyandrich at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 10 08:09:29 EDT 2004

My husband and daughter want to diversify our farm. We currently have 21
Jacobs. My daughter wants Nubians, my husband is lobbying for fiber goats.
Any recommendations? Would they get along with our current sheep (e.g.
pastured together)? We only supplement the sheep with a little grain in the
winter; otherwise their diet is pasture/hay. From what I read, goats are
supplemented with grain. Can goats get along with little supplementation?
Are there any good books on the care of angora goats?

Kelly