[Jacob-list] flooding

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Wed Sep 8 19:06:07 EDT 2004

Glad to hear that everyone survived, albeit abit damply!

Having spent more than a few hurricanes and tropical storms in the subtropics, I can certainly agree that they are NOT
cool and refreshing.

We are in an area that was supposedly wasn't to get much rain, but we did get almost 9".  Very muddy out there, but
thankfully the winds stayed calm.

Hope everyone gets dried out before the next one gets here!

Linda

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 03:49:38 -0700 (PDT), Mary Hansson wrote:
>Linda and all,

>I spoke with my mom in MO last evening and realized that not everybody knows
>that rain in a tropical system is NOT cool and refreshing!  The humidity and
>"sticky" factor is very high---and then you are getting rained on and often
>wind-blown as well.  The dewpoint here is 70 this morning according to my
>husband and it feels every bit of that.  For those of you in the mid-west,
>think about how sticky you feel after a midafternoon shower on a hot day----
>and then just compound that with warm rain coming down in your midst.....
>
>Mary Ellen

http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
 Registered Jacob Sheep & Angora Rabbits
 Handspun Yarns