[Jacob-list] Mills/ewes

Karen karen at benjaminfarms.com
Wed Sep 1 15:04:19 EDT 2004

1-  How can you tell when your ewe is in heat?  I read that with goats,
if you scratch their backs, by thier tails and the tail stays up, they
are in heat.  If the tail goes down, they are not.  I found there seem
to be such a pattern.  With my sheep(?),  I put my ram in the end of
October and I have April babies. I am not sure how to tell if a ewe is
ready to breed. Any tips?
2- Mills-  Last year I used Stonebridge Fiber mill.  I sent my wool in
about April,  got my wool back in Dec.  and I thought she was
expensive.  This year I used Yolo wool mill and my wool took approx. 4
weeks.  Yolo also produce  my wool into more of the yarn that I had
asked for.  phone # (530)666-1473.  Yolo is in Woodland, Ca.
Karen Sigler
Benjamin Farms  Utah