[Jacob-list] Guardian dog

CATE cate at centurytel.net
Sun May 23 14:08:12 EDT 2004

Thank you everyone for the help.  I am the one who lost my beautiful dog and
I am still in mourning - but my terrier mix dog (Hobart the Snart - Hobie
for short) is in worst shape - he just lays next to Bears pillows - even if
I put them outside or  just lays by the front door - not typical for a hyper
terrier.   Everytime I go outside - he runs out and waits at the car door -
where I took Bear away.  He jumps in and smells and looks around and then
gets out and goes back inside.  He is hurting more than I am - my life has
to go on but Hobie is just waiting for Bear to return.  I always told people
that Hobie is my dog and Bear is Hobie's dog even though Hobie is 40+ lbs
and Bear was over 90 lbs.

I had considered getting a Pyrenees before Bear got sick and when a couple
of friends brought over a little black puppy for me - I knew that is what my
terrier needs (and maybe me too) - some huge bundle of energy to drive us
crazy and to love.  I will get the books and follow the links suggested -
Thank you.

It sounds like the pup at Nampa Idaho rescue is for me - his name is Fargo.
And the work involved in socializing him may bring me closer to the sheep
and other animals I have.   Here is the link to peek at him -
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2897852&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=40b0e58264145786-app3&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

What kind of mix is he? any ideas.

Cate