[Jacob-list] new mothers

kbarrett at bmi.net kbarrett at bmi.net
Thu May 6 12:42:54 EDT 2004

We have two one year old ewes that are first time mothers this year. they
are very protective of their babies, and take their jobs extremely
seriously.  The first few times we let them out in the big pasture, and
the lambs took off on their races, these two ewes raced along with them
frantically baaing and trying to collect their babies.  The babies, of
course, totally ignored them, as kids sometimes do! We laughed until we
cried watching these moms as compared to the veterans who were just happy
to be alone for a few minutes!!  I could certainly relate.
Kate Barrett
Ruby Peak Jacobs