[Jacob-list] Question about Lilacs?????

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at blueridge.net
Sun Mar 21 12:56:40 EST 2004

Experience with lilac colored sheep in our flock has been very limited.
 Thanks to "bideawee Dane" we now have our first lilac lambs.  What a
surprise, as I really did not expect any until next year!!

We have a lovely lilac ewe lamb born this morning that clearly has lilac
(blue/gray) markings from head to toe.  My question concerns a ram lamb
born Friday morning....his facial markings are the same blue/gray shade
as the lamb born this morning, but his body spots sure look black to me.
 Can anyone tell me what is going on with him?  .I hope to let him and
his mom and sister out today and will try to get a photo at that time.
 If anyone would like to see him, I will be happy to let you see this
uniquely colored little guy.

Most of our girls are done here with the exception of only a few more to
go...including Swallow Lane Tara and Huntsberger Isla....both of which
were brilliantly white at shearing yesterday!  Beautiful girls!!

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm
....where the north wind is blowing and the sheep are naked today!