[Jacob-list] Sick Dog

Margaret L Wilson booldawgs at cavenet.com
Fri Mar 19 01:19:37 EST 2004

It has been a few years since I was a tech but these are the questions I would try to answer:
What kind of dog and how old is he?
Have the sheep been wormed recently and with what?
What other chemicals (if any) have they had?
Do you have rodents (especially rats) in the area?
Has your dog been tested and/or vaccinated for leptospirosis?  Many vets don't include it routinely because it causes a severe reaction sometimes.  I have only seen 2 cases of lepto.  It is sometimes hard to diagnose.  It is nasty but it can be cured.
Where do you live and are there any new diseases in your area?
Do you have tick problems?  If so has the dog been tested for ehrlichiosis?

Good luck.
Margaret