[Jacob-list] eating lambs

Victoria da Roza castlerockjacobs at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 13 20:21:56 EST 2004

HI,
   Two questions.  How in the world can you know
these lambs from birth and then eat them?  I have 3
male lambs but they are so individual I cannot imagine
eating them. There is one of them I would sell to
someone who was going to eat him but the other 2 are
just such lovers.  HOw do you think about them as
food?  Is it because I have a small herd?
   We had a little shed barn built down in the grass
with one side for the ram and one side for the moms
and babies.  Somehow the lamb(3 weeks old) I would
sell if someone wanted eat him commando crawled under
the structure and got in with the ram who almost
killed him before he was rescued.
   I was thinking of keeping one male lamb as a
companion for the ram after the lamb was wethered.
HOw old would the lamb need to be before the ram would
not squish him at once?  Will it make a difference in
the agression when it is a wether?  Is there a trick
to the introduction to the ram?  They are just on the
other side of a fence now.

=====
Victoria
Castle Rock Farm