[Jacob-list] stomping/jugging

crackerdst at surfglobal.net crackerdst at surfglobal.net
Mon Mar 8 14:16:54 EST 2004

Yes Gordon,
  That is exactly what I believe happened ! Everything was fine till I
jugged the mothers. The first one dead was 3 days old . I saw the older
sheep horsing around outside and bump into the lamb . I panicked and
that night put the baby and her mom in a jug . Next morn,dead lamb. I
took the babe for a necropsy and she had gotten slammed all right .
Still - I didn't put it together. I sensed the next ewe was due and
jugged her ! Again dead lamb. Really learning the hard way . Donna in N
VT.