[Jacob-list] stomped babies

crackerdst at surfglobal.net crackerdst at surfglobal.net
Thu Mar 4 11:50:04 EST 2004

Devastated - I have lost both of my little ewes to stomping by their
mothers. Both occurred at night while the moms' were confined to their
lambing jugs. One eweling had oviously just been born and it looked like
Mama had been trying to cover it up ,she hadn't a clue that there was a
problem , still looking for her baby out there in her jug .These are my
first Jacobs.They were absolutely perfect.My vet did an autopsyand it was
blunt trauma and internal bleeding. What should I have done differently ?
Has anyone out there had this happen ? Donna in N.VT.