[Jacob-list] reading the clues

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 07:45:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am out of town for a few days, so my husband is taking care of the sheep.  This is a man who can look at a lamb and see good or bad markings and know the kind of fleece I prefer.  The other evening, we needed to ID a sheep.  My first question to eliminate roughly 50% of the lambs was "which sex is it".  I thought that was a relatively simple question for a grown man.....who has watched the sheep now for 10 years plus.  His response..... "How do you tell?"  DEEP SIGH.  My sheep best fend for themselves!

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Hansson, MEd, RD, LDN
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Lambs, adults, wool