[Jacob-list] Woolen Blankets

ACAMDA at aol.com ACAMDA at aol.com
Tue Jun 15 21:09:09 EDT 2004

My local sheep newsletter gives two mills that are recommended for blankets:
Mac Ausland's Woolen Mill on Prince Edward Island (www.peisland.com/wool) and
Barlettyarns, Inc in Harmony, ME (www.bartlettyarns.com)  I haven't used
either one, just scanned the websites briefly.

In the same newsletter they talk about two USDA programs for sheep owners.
The first pays $18 per head for ewe lambs that you retained or purchased
between Aug. 1, 2003 and July 31, 2004.  The other is a direct payment for wool.
You must sign up and deliver, sell, or keep your wool before Jan. 31, 2005.
(Did that sentence make sense?)  It doesn't say how much the payment would be.
Both are incentive programs to encourage more people to keep sheep.  If either
of them sounds interesting I can share everything the newsletter says, or you
can contact your local FSA office.  Just thought I'd pass the info along.  Has
anyone participated before?

Have a wonderful day!

Kathey
Sweet Georgia Valley