[Jacob-list] Color question?

Jgrisner at aol.com Jgrisner at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 17:18:34 EDT 2004

Hi to all,

At chore time this A.M. I found a new lamb, which we were expecting. What we
were't expecting was his color. He is all white, with blue eyes!! How often
does this happen? Has anyone else ever had one like this? He is out of a 3/4
Jacob & 1/4 Painted Desert ewe and a full blood Jacob ram. Mom has a lot of
black, so to off set this, we bred her to a ram with a lot of white. I know from
breeding paint horses, that color isn't predictable, but this was a real shock!

I know this isn't a desireable color for a Jacob, but wondered if he is
something special? An entry for the Guiness Book of sheep or something?? I'm sure
this little fella will end up being a pet for the Grandkids, but would enjoy
hearing from some of you about our oddity.

I really enjoy reading and learning from you all. Keep up the good work.
Being a fairly new Jacob owner, I need all the help I can get.

Thanks ahead of time for any info,
Gail Risner
Bama Rose Farm