[Jacob-list] More than four

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Tue Jun 8 10:35:49 EDT 2004

The email gnomes seem to have been having fun of late.

We THINK that the polycerate gene is a single gene that commands "split",
and does not necessarily say how many. My guess is that other genes
determine things like left/right symmetry. My old genetics instructor saw
pictures of four and six horned Jacobs at the AGM several years ago, and
said that there almost had to be a modifier gene for polycerate.

Always glad to confuse things more.

Neal