[Jacob-list] 2-month orphan

Susan Nielsen snielsen at orednet.org
Fri Jun 4 12:44:59 EDT 2004

I sent this out last evening, but it was late, I was tired, and I
don't see it here this a.m., so please forgive me if it turns up
more than once.

At what age can a lamb be considered a competent ruminant?

I have a lovely 2-month ram lamb who is newly orphaned, and who is
entirely _not_ interested in the bottle. There is $20 worth of
lamb milk replacer in the cupboard for him, and he grabs that
nipple in gritted teeth and looks around, innocent of any sucking
sound: I don't want that. Where's my mother?

So: at what age might I think all his hay and grain is doing him
any good? He's a good-sized boy up to now.

Susan
--
Peace also takes courage