[Jacob-list] Butcher Weights

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Jul 24 21:05:00 EDT 2004

By "take home weight" do you mean what you actually got wrapped up to take home?  My cut and wrap fees are by carcass
weight, which is determined by a skinned, beheaded, gutted carcass.  Not the same as what I take home.  I usually
average $1/lb based on carcass weight, but it would be more based on take home weight.  In some places, you have a pay
an extra fee to dispose of the heads.  Our butcher doesn't do that and does a very good job, so we're happy with his
prices.

Linda

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:27:53 -0700, Kraght, BJ wrote:
>Well  just got my Ram back that was 16 months  old.  Butcher take home weight
>was 62 lbs, cost was $73.98.  Pretty  reasonable I thought.

http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
 Registered Jacob Sheep & Angora Rabbits
 Handspun Yarns