[Jacob-list] Barns

Heather Fogel heather at littleshadyacres.com
Fri Jul 9 10:54:59 EDT 2004

Christopher,

Where are you located?

To make my life easier, I would put in water lines, so that I wouldn't have to
haul water to my sheep.  We have arranged our barn pens so that they can open
up into each other (make a double pen), and we have lanes that can be used to
sort or hold them for what ever we need to do.  I would say tho, that if we
did it again we would come up with some kind of sqeeze shoot in the barn, that
would lead to a sm. pen for shearing, shots and hoof trimming.

We live up in MN, where the winters are really cold, and other that using
heated buckets and keeping the barn closed at night (and during the day when
it is colder than -10, or windy) we don't really have any other special things
set up for that.  Just keep the drafts out.

Heather Fogel
Stewart, MN
heather at littleshadyacres.com
www.littleshadyacres.com
Home to Jacob sheep, Soay sheep and many chickens.