[Jacob-list] We got the new place!

Katrina & Dave davekat at copper.net
Thu Jul 8 06:39:51 EDT 2004

Listers-
I have been communicating with some of you off the list about all that is happening here at Chicory Lane, but now the plans are a bit more definite, so I want to bring the list up to date.

After much discussion, we have come to the conclusion that this big old place is just too much for us. The house and barn are huge and the work endless.  We decided to put it up on the market.  Since land around this area is very expensive, we assumed that this descision meant we could not afford to buy other acreage but instead would need to sell our beloved flock.  We have a family from VT with 7 kids and the money needed to fix this place up right very interested in Chicory Lane Farm right now.  Not sealed yet, but we think there is a good chance.  They of course want to start a small flock of Jacobs if they do make the move! *smile*

However, in the meantime, we heard about a 3 1/2 acre place going up on auction...LAST NIGHT.  We bid and were surprised to find all the people standing around were just neighbors welcoming us to the area!   We got it with no real competition except the owners who had a low bid already set!  (The only other serious bidder got the time wrong and appeared on the scene one hour late after taking off work specifically to attend.  You should have seen his face).
All this to say, we do indeed get to keep Isaiah and a few of our favorite ewes and continue working with land.  Whoopie.  The house is of course not as majestic as this one, but is a lot less care and while the land is not as good as this limestone, there are old shrubs everywhere.   Best of all, we have cut down on our financial pressures quite a bit!  Whew!  Can't beat that.

Like we have told many of you off the list, this does still mean that we needed to sell of most of the flock.  Fortunately, we have had many breeders supporting us already and have sold a good number of the flock and lambs at discounted prices.  The ones still available are on the site if anyone is interested.
There are still a few nice ram lambs: http://chicoryjacobs.com/saleram.htm
some ewes and ewe lambs left: http://chicoryjacobs.com/sale.htm
We are moving sold/on hold animals to one page for people to look at http://chicoryjacobs.com/saleewes.htm

Guess a new chapter of life is starting!  Glad we are able to share it with you!
-Katrina and Dave Lefever,
Chicory Lane Flock, if not Farm.  *smile*