[Jacob-list] Chickens & Sheep

ACAMDA at aol.com ACAMDA at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 11:40:22 EST 2004

Do any of you keep chickens with or near your sheep?

My daughter's science class is planning to hatch a clutch of chicken eggs,
but only if the chicks will have a home afterwards.  We can bring them home, but
the only place we have to put them is in with our flock. We can build a
separate small henhouse for them to roost, but don't know if in the bigger picture
it's a good idea.  I remember the e-mail about the sheep getting into the
chicken feed, so I know to watch for that (I assume it would the copper content
that would be a concern).  Would the chicken litter be a problem, or do sheep
hate chickens?

Anyone out there with any experience with chicks and sheep?

Thanks!

Kathey
Sweet Georgia Valley