[Jacob-list] rams are not toys or pets

A J Kramer remark at vcn.com
Tue Jan 27 11:13:47 EST 2004

As has happened with so many of you, I also have had times when one of
my rams fulfilled his name resulting in bruises on my part.  While I
love my sheep, I do have to say that I am being swayed over to Alpacas.
A friend asked us a year or so ago to care for his small herd of
Alpacas.  So far, there have been no injuries to anyone by either males
or females.  They are such a gentle animal.  As for the spitting, it
rarely occurs, can usually be missed by ducking, and always washes off.
The fleece from these creatures is heavenly.  As I get a bit older, I
may well move more towards Alpacas as a fleece animal to raise and buy
wool from others.  Just another point of view.
Mary in Bear River, WY