[Jacob-list] Wool quality

Jeanette Larson jeanette392001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 20:52:41 EST 2004

Hi everybody,
I am working on an article about Jacob wool. I have
30 ewes in my own flock and a huge variety of wool
types. I wrote the following sentence for the article
after visiting with several fiber artists who use
Jacob wool. Many people on fiber lists have a negative
impression of Jacob wool, but I know of others who
love Jacob fleece. So I wrote the following -
"Because the focus in the
United States has been on preserving this rare breed,
the Jacob wool
produced here is very inconsistent in quality."
Would you agree with this sentence? Why or why not?

Thanks for your help, Jeanette

=====
Jeanette Larson
Laffing Horse Farm