[Jacob-list] Re: pine and trimming horns

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Fri Jan 16 14:46:00 EST 2004

Melanie,
Sorry to hear about your ewe and the horn trimming.  I hope there were
some clues so you might piece together why she died.  I've not had any
trouble with the ones I've trimmed.  Sorry about that.

As for someone's question about pine, I wouldn't think it would be a
problem.  Pine is a source of vitamin C - you could munch on it if you
wanted and if you found it to your liking.  We have Atlantic white cedar
here that I sometimes use to build sheep sheds.  The sheep will peel off
the bark and chew on it.  They seem to like the cedar.  I've never had any
problems with them eating it.  (It's straight from the mill, so it's not
treated or anything - all natural).  I would guess that if your sheep are
interested in the branches they will take what they want and nibble
periodically.

Best,
Kelley